Dry living environmentfor swine
Dry living environment
Challenges in the barn
Preparing a dry environment
The drying powder has a pleasant smell, masking the scent of young animals to reduce fighting upon arrival of a new round.
Moisture control during the round
How moisture control
helps reduce pathogen pressure
While various strains of bacteria require specific temperatures and environmental conditions for growth and survival, a common requirement among them all is a source of nutrients and access to water or moisture. Unregulated moisture levels can create an environment conducive to the proliferation of bacteria.
Controlling moisture in the environment helps the pigs health
- Drier Bedding Material: Maintaining dry and clean bedding material in the housing preventing irritation and skin damage. Reducing the chances of infection through by maintaining a healthy skin.
- Improved Hygiene: Regularly controlling wet spots from diarrhea reduces the moisture content in the environment lowering the chances of bacteria, including those that can contribute to post and pre-weaning diarrhea, from thriving in damp conditions.
- Temperature regulation: When a piglet has just been born, drying powders help to remove the moisture from the skin so that the piglet loses less energy to body heat.
- Reduce fighting: MS DryCare has a pleasant smell, and can help mask the scent of piglets. This helps to reduce fighting in new groups.
to ensure a dry living environment
Eech HyCare biosecurity program follows the 5 building blocks for successful implementation. The HyCare coach guides farmers through setting up the program for their farm. From investigating the starting situation to selecting the right products, application tool, training programs and protocols that fit your farm. They show and teach how to actively monitor the success of the program and remain available for advice.
Why MS DryCare
MS DryCare is a powerful moisture absorbing powder that contributes to optimum health.
- Very high moisture absorption >200%
- Very low dispersion (limits dust)
- pH neutral
- Improves animal health and comfort
- Contributes to a clean living environment
MS DryCare can be dosed by various means.
- by hand (for wet spot treatment)
- mini spreader (for application on small / medium surface areas)
- Blower, for a even layer in the entire barn
The HyCheck app is used to keep a record of your biosecurity checks and findings.
- Quickly and easily record results
- Dashboard for all locations
- Monitor biosecurity performance
- Manage from anywhere
Regularly monitor for wet spots in the barn and check for signs of diarrhea or skin problems.
On site training
The HyCare coach will give a training on-site to employees and farm manager. The HyCare expert will go in to why a dry environment is important to boost the health of the animals and how to achieve it. They provide recommendations on application methods, protocols and monitoring practices.
Advice based on HyCheck dashboard
The HyCare coach can give advice based on the results recorded in the HyCheck app. The HyCheck dashboard gives a detailed view of the current biosecurity situation.
Our team remains available to provide assistance when required. With service at a distance we help to troubleshoot issues in the barn.