Dry living environmentfor poultry
Dry living environment
Challenges in the barn
Preparing a dry environment
Moisture control during the round
How moisture control
helps reduce foodpad dermatitis
While various strains of bacteria require specific temperatures and environmental conditions for growth and survival, a common requirement among them all is a source of nutrients and access to water or moisture. Unregulated moisture levels can create an environment conducive to the proliferation of bacteria.
Controlling moisture in the bedding helps in two ways to prevent foodpad dermatitis
- Drier Bedding Material: Maintaining dry and clean bedding material in poultry houses helps keep the litter under the birds’ feet dry. Dry litter reduces the likelihood of moisture accumulating on the footpads, preventing irritation and skin damage.
- Improved Hygiene: Regularly controlling wet spots or removing wet or soiled bedding and replacing it with fresh, dry material reduces the moisture content in the environment. This reduces the chances of bacteria, including those that can contribute to footpad dermatitis, from thriving in damp conditions.
to ensure a dry living environment
Eech HyCare biosecurity program follows the 5 building blocks for successful implementation. The HyCare coach guides farmers through setting up the program for their farm. From investigating the starting situation to selecting the right products, application tool, training programs and protocols that fit your farm. They show and teach how to actively monitor the success of the program and remain available for advice.
Why MS DryCare
MS DryCare is a powerful moisture absorbing powder that contributes to optimum health.
- Very high moisture absorption >200%
- Very low dispersion (limits dust)
- pH neutral
- Improves animal health and comfort
- Contributes to a clean living environment
MS DryCare can be dosed by various means.
- by hand (for wet spot treatment)
- mini spreader (for application on small / medium surface areas)
- fertilize spreaders (for application in the entire barn)
The HyCheck app is used to keep a record of your biosecurity checks and findings.
- Quickly and easily record results
- Dashboard for all locations
- Monitor biosecurity performance
- Manage from anywhere
Regularly monitor for wet spots in the barn and check for footpad dermatitis, respiratory diseases and moisture content in the litter.
On site training
The HyCare coach will give a training on-site to employees and farm manager. The HyCare expert will go in to why a dry environment is important to boost the health of the animals and how to achieve it. They provide recommendations on application methods, protocols and monitoring practices.
Advice based on HyCheck dashboard
The HyCare coach can give advice based on the results recorded in the HyCheck app. The HyCheck dashboard gives a detailed view of the current biosecurity situation. The HyCare coach can recommend adjustments to the protocols, application methods and product quantities used.
Our team remains available to provide assistance when required. With service at a distance we help to troubleshoot issues in the barn.